Careers @ Hark
Hark's commitment to creating exceptional experiences extends beyond our offices, our presentations, and thinking, and into our team mentality. We believe every day should offer an opportunity for excellence—while also enjoying the process. Good work inspires us all to be better, makes us think of what’s possible and stretches our creative boundaries. You only go around once, why not enjoy it?
Are You Right for Hark?
If you've got world-class talent, strong analytic skills, and a heartfelt desire to be a pioneer in the digital space—if you believe you could work in a highly collaborative environment. And are excited by the challenges this offers – you’re Hark material.
The Hark Perspective
We believe our strength comes from our differences – people; perspectives; skills; knowledge; and histories. What make us tick as individuals is what makes us great as a team.
Reach out and let us know you're out there.
We are looking for a talented designer to join us in our Burlington office for a full time in house position.
We do high-end graphic and web design at a level that assumes design is the single most important branding tool for clients looking to be the archetypes in their industries, and we’re looking for designers that believe the same.
You should have a very strong portfolio with an emphasis on web, identity and corporate collateral. Aside from being able to generate compelling static concepts, you should know enough about web development to know what design elements work well on the web and which won’t. You should be comfortable designing for print and the web, but will not have to code or work with html.
Plus, you should be that rare combination of a go-getter who's driven by doing excellent work, but also a team player who can integrate well into a small studio.
So if all this sounds good to you, write us a quick note, and please include links to your portfolio/work and a recent resume to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Working with our team of designers, developers, and account managers, you will help to bring cutting edge sites to life.
- Help turn psd's into living sites
- Stay plugged into and apply emerging industry trends
- Help shape the future of our company!
- Drupal experience!!
- Ability to take PSD designs and turn them into a fully functional web sites
- Knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Comfortable working at the command line
- Experience with source control such as Git (preferred), or Mercurial.
- Ability to provide time estimates and work within a deadline
Good to Have:
- Experience with jQuery / Ajax
- Working knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 and responsive web design
- Experience with Sass/Compass
- Experience with Magento Commerce
- Basic knowledge of Linux web server administration
- Knowledge of any web development framework – Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET, Django, etc.
- A few years of proven web development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
This is a full time position.
Send your resume (PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief description of
yourself and links to any projects of interest that you have worked on.
Part-time/Full-Time Internship Opportunity:
SEO & Social Media
- On-page Search Engine Optimization such as keyword and image optimization
- Link building activities including blogger outreach
- Social media activities and best practices
- A/B Testing
- Analytics and Reporting
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have experience or coursework in web marketing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Be a fast learner with a good attitude and work well with a team
- Bonus:Working knowledge of web copywriting best practices and social media (including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn); experience with Google Analytics
- Paid internship
- Work week: Part-Time 15-20 hours; Full-Time up to 40 hours
- Spring Internships begin in early January and end in April
- Summer internships begin in May and end in August
- Fall internships begin in September and end in December
- Flexible time off with 2 weeks notice
- Convenient downtown Burlington location
- Casual to business casual dress
- Kitchenette, coffee, fridge
Send your resume (PDF format) to email@example.com along with a brief description of yourself and links to any projects of interest that you have worked on.